Tuna Curry



Today was another day where I look in my cupboards and make what I see. (In my mind) Tin of tuna + coconut cream + rice = Tuna Curry. Despite how it sounds it was not the most disgusting thing ever.

After looking through a few recipes I found that most had chopped tomato (check) and chopped capsicum (no check). And they all varied in methods of cooking. Here's what I did.


Tuna Curry

Put your rice on to cook. Oil in pan/wok. Add chopped onions, crushed garlic and tuna. Add salt, pepper, a couple tablespoons of curry powder, a teaspoon of ground coriander and a couple teaspoons of ground ginger (I'm sure chopped fresh ginger root would be better if you've got it). Give it a stir and cook for a couple minutes. Add chopped tomatoes. Add a can of coconut cream and simmer for a bit (maybe 20 minutes) while your rice finishes cooking. Serve with sour cream or yoghurt if you like (the kids will eat almost anything if it comes with a side of sour cream!). Voila!

Note: You don't necessarily have to add any chili to this curry because there is chili in curry powder. Since I added quite a lot of curry powder and left it to simmer for quite a while (chili gets hotter the longer it's heated) mine had a nice little bit if curry bite.

I thought this was pretty tasty, Theo loved it (ate every last grain of rice) and Sadie enjoyed the first half of her dinner and then only wanted plain rice. So I don't know if it's a repeat recipe but it was good for the evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment telling me what you're having for dinner tonight, and feel free to leave a link to a recipe or post of your own. Let's make a great big list. It's all about inspiration people!

 
What I'm having for dinner © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger