Midnight Spaghetti 5 (with a twist...)



Tonight I made midnight spaghetti with a few variations:



Wholemeal Spaghetti
The kids always want to try mine when I serve myself the wholemeal and they have regular so I cooked it up for everyone tonight. It seemed to go down just as well as regular spaghetti with them (don't worry Nat I won't do it all the time because I know wholemeal is more expensive).

Kransky Octopuses
Someone I read (also a friend/relative [if you can have a sister-in-law twice removed]) suggested these through a comment on the blog. Almost every comment effects what I cook, so get commenting. Thanks Mika! I decided on these after looking in my fridge for veges that I could add, after Rachel's suggestion, but we didn't have any I thought were suitable. We did have Kransky's though!

Cream Cheese
I figured Kransky's are cheesy so I added cream cheese to the pan after the spaghetti to try and make it a creamy sauce. It tasted fine but if you want to try it I suggest adding the cream cheese to your sauce/frypan before the spaghetti so that it gets all melted and mixed well first.

2 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

Okay, so I had to look up what a Kransky was before commenting. Do they come shaped like an octopus or do you cut them that way? Because they're adorable and I may have to attempt them the next time I have sausages and want a good laugh.

Also, I have a new variation on the midnight spaghetti: thai noodles. While your spaghetti is boiling mix together garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar,red pepper flakes, and peanut butter. Rinse the noodles thoroughly and mix in the sauce. Top with cilantro, toasted sesame seeds, green onions, shredded carrots.

Or you can just find a good peanut sauce that you like instead of making your own. This sauce also tastes really great on a pizza, topped with everything listed above.

Mariah said...

Ooooo! That's a must try! You'll see how it goes in the next few days.

To make the kransky octopus (they come shaped like a regular sausage) cut it in half width ways then slice legs into it. They curl up as it cooks. Great huh?!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment telling me what you're having for dinner tonight, and feel free to leave a link to a recipe or post of your own. Let's make a great big list. It's all about inspiration people!

 
What I'm having for dinner © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger