Tomato and Cheese "Risotto"



My sister Erika's recipe. More or less. Over Christmas she made this for the big family gathering. My nephew said "Dad, when I throw up, it looks like this". But he still ate it and liked it (I think...?).


Tomato and Cheese "Risotto"

Oil
2 slices middle bacon (I actually use shaved ham. WAY cheaper!)
1 onion, chopped
50g butter
2 1/2 cups rice
1 400g (ish) can tomatoes
4 cups water
salt
pepper
chilli powder
1 cup (or more) grated cheese (like Edam)

Cook onion and bacon/ham in oil. Add butter. When melted add rice and stir while cooking for a few minutes. Add tomatoes, water and seasonings and cook, stirring occasionally until rice is tender. Stir in cheese until melted.

------------

Did I leave anything out Erika? Is that even right? That's what I did the other night when I made it anyway. Is that what you do?
Also, it's named "Risotto" because I'm sure that it's not cooked right to be a risotto, but that's what I call it.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Which nephew?!

Mariah said...

Our brother's first born. Priceless huh?!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment telling me what you're having for dinner tonight, and feel free to leave a link to a recipe or post of your own. Let's make a great big list. It's all about inspiration people!

 
What I'm having for dinner © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger