Christmas #1



Can you believe I forgot to take my camera to Christmas dinner? The first of two: with Nat's family. We'll by with mine Christmas day this year. Nat says no one wants to read this if I don't have a picture, but for record keepings sake:

Afternoon nibbles:
Flavoured nuts and seeds
Corn chips and rice crackers with fresh homemade guacamole
Men shaped shortbread cookies
Fresh cherries

Dinner:
Roast pork (with perfect crackling)
Apple sauce
Gravy
Rice
Roast potato, kumara, pumpkin, shallots
Bok Choy
Fresh garden salad with dressing

Drinks:
Red sparkling grape juice
Water

Dessert:
Pumpkin pie (my mother's recipe)
Whipped cream
Apple pie
Custard
Vanilla ice cream

Supper (intended for entree but forgotten till later):
Butterflied prawns on soft fresh lettuce

To finish:
Red sparkling grape juice
Truffle chocolates

And just so you know there were only four adults (Nat, me and his parents) and two children (2 1/2 and 10 months) at the celebration today. We really ate to celebrate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment telling me what you're having for dinner tonight, and feel free to leave a link to a recipe or post of your own. Let's make a great big list. It's all about inspiration people!

 
What I'm having for dinner © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger