Corn beef hash and stuffed mushrooms




I made corned beef hash for the family tonight. Another one that's hard to get a photo that makes it look appetising. I also made stuffed mushrooms for myself that no one else was interested in. They were one of the best things I've EVER made.

Stuffed Mushrooms

4 white button mushrooms with stalks (or a different kind!)
1 shallot
olive oil
1/4 cup finely grated cheese

Peel/wash the mushrooms (they grow mushrooms in manure, so don't skip this step). Cut the very tips of the stalks off. Gently remove the stalks. Rub the mushroom tops with olive oil (not essential). Put the mushrooms in the oven on a non stick tray, 180 degrees celsius for 5-10 minutes. While they are cooking chop your mushroom stalks and shallot finely, then fry in olive oil till looking delicious (translucent shallot, juicy mushroom). Remove from pan to a bowl. Finely grate your cheese, I use a zester actually, so that it mixes more easily. Add cheese and a tiny bit of salt and pepper (optional) to the shallot/mushroom mix. When mushrooms in oven are looking cooked (there should be little pools of mushroom juice in the mushrooms), remove from oven and fill with cheesy mix. Replace in oven for just a couple minutes till the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and enjoy!

These are great as one bite and I think would be GREAT with steak! I'm going to cook them for Nat the next time we have a steak. I could seriously eat an entire plate of these every single day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment telling me what you're having for dinner tonight, and feel free to leave a link to a recipe or post of your own. Let's make a great big list. It's all about inspiration people!

 
What I'm having for dinner © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger