Capitol



Ate out tonight at Capitol. Delicious. Here's what we ate:

Appetisers:
Fried squid with aioli
-(Nat ordered this. It was really good. But then what isn't good with aioli?)
Bruschetta with tomato and basil
-(This looked great but when not eaten straight away the bread went soggy)
Half dozen Cleveland oysters, served natural with lemon and salt
-(I tried the oysters. I won't let someone waste an oyster on me again for a while. Unless it's Nat's dad trying to make me acquire a taste for them. Which he's implied he might do)
Ricotta gnocchi with sage butter, nutmeg and pancetta
(I ordered this. The sauce was THE BEST. I drained the bowl with my spoon)

Mains:
Crispy confit duck with portobello mushrooms
-(Nat ordered this. I tried it. It was sooooo good. I wish I'd ordered it. But Nat said I couldn't order the same thing as him.)
Risotto of zucchini, pine nuts, basil and Parmesan
-(This was nice and light, it was like eating zucchini with Parmesan sprinkled over top, but in the form of a risotto)
Grilled beef scotch fillet, cauliflower crushed with melted Taleggio
-(I heard this was good. And that it went great with the oysters)
Roast lamb rack, caponata and green olives
(I ordered this. It was nice. The lamb wasn't anything to rave about but caponata is my new favourite thing)

With added sides of crushed roast potatoes with rosemary, and sauteed spinach.

Dessert:
Soft centred chocolate pudding with creme fraiche for all four of us
(Pretty much a fondant, not that I've ever had a fondant. But very nice. So light and just delicious.)

I'm devastated to say that I forgot my camera. What a pain. Sounds good though huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment telling me what you're having for dinner tonight, and feel free to leave a link to a recipe or post of your own. Let's make a great big list. It's all about inspiration people!

 
What I'm having for dinner © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger